Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The review I submitted about my Health Science Class

I really enjoyed this class, and the regular amount of speakers Mrs. Stillner introduced to us. However, there was one class session in which two speakers were present, and I did not see the point of either of them being in the classroom. These speakers were the Naturopath and the Police Officer.

The attendance of the police officer, I found to be just pointless. The Naturopath, however, I found to be utterly reprehensible. I commend myself for finding the ability to not shout obscenities at her, instead focusing my frustrations on my lower lip which had clear indentations from my incisors. A hippie, pseudo-science has no place in the university. It was really painful to sit through, especially as she darted from one stoned hypothesis to another. I shudder everytime I think of her describing the human soul; "the light in your eyes". Only in well-off, white liberal towns would people pay money to visit such a medicine woman. I'm sure she has several rainstick therapies to soothe my irritability.

No comments:

Post a Comment