Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Bus Stop Memories: In the Doorway

Recently, I've been listening to alot of The Misfits (the true version of the band, with Glenn Danzig as the singer), a band who I ADORED when I was 19 to 22. This song "In the Doorway" was released as an "unreleased" song for a reprinting of Static Age in 1997.

I remember carrying my bulky portable CD player, gently nestled in the pocket of an old Air Force jacket my dad gave me, along with my backpack, jampacked with schoolbooks and five or six CDs(each in their respected jewel cases). Waiting and waiting and waiting at the bus stop in the snow in Juneau, or in the red dirt and garbage of Oahu, slowly meandering back and forth, singing this song to myself. I was in love. It's not even 2 minutes long, but it grabbed me, and I don't know how many times I pressed the Prev track button on my CD player.

It seems only a few others really loved this song like I did, and maybe it's not for everybody, but it is for me. The first video here has the original, and the following videos are people doing covers, which I was surprised to find.



Girl with a piano. She does this song so much justice. And such a unique version. I think I love her.



Acoustic (though the audio is a little crazy; keep the volume down):

No comments:

Post a Comment