Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Love Supreme

I don't want anyone to think I've converted to Christianity or anything but this is the shit:



It's Part 4 of John Coltrane's A Love Supreme, performed live with the liner notes being read throughout. I find it to be oh so soothing. Anyone who knows me would describe me as a staunch athiest. Call me a hippie, but I'm of the opinion that God is the title you could give to everything in existence. The Sun is God, the Moon is God, Gravity is God, Electric Eels, Caffeine Addiction, Cancer, Trees, Fleas, Snow Peas. This life we all are a part of as well as the death that follows are God.

Clearly, Evolution is God. It thinks. It reacts. Yet I don't believe God is a man in the sky that judges us for how we have sex, or who we vote for, or if we cram our bodies, bound by loneliness, into a building, read from a book, and give money to a man with a funny hat.

So, yeah, God is a thing without shape. A shapeless thing that thinks. Like a jellyfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment